Spend your vacation right by Sognefjorden!
1. Select an available arrival date 2. Select an available departure date
|10||Available arrival date|
|15||Available date (not for arrival)|
|20||Available arrival date (discount offers)|
Several of the biggest attractions in Norway such as national parks, UNESCO world heritage sites and internationally renowned tourist routes are located not far from Vamråk. During summer Vamråk is observed by thousands of tourists on board some of the world’s largest cruise ships that pass by the village several times a day.
There are many activities to engage in when in Vamråk, and please take a look at the gallery to be inspired. Especially popular, regardless of season, is mountain hiking and fishing. Please read more about these activities below.
There are countless possibilities for hiking in the mountains, ranging from short afternoon getaways to trips over several days. The area is a natural gateway to Stølsheimen, a national preservation area that stretches between Sognefjorden in the north and the Voss mountains in the south with the Masfjorden mountains in the west and Vikafjellet to the east. There are several unmanned cabins in the area that are run by the Bergen Mountain Touring Association, and can be used by all hikers. Since it is a relatively short distance between the cabins, Stølsheimen is well suited for trips with the whole family.
Støsheimen, just like the mountains in the immediate vicinity, has a wide selection of marked trails. These are a good starting point for enjoying the dramatic mountains along Sognefjorden as well as the mountain plains and valleys in the south. Allowing oneself time to venture into these mountains will surely leave lasting memories, and a break from the everyday hassle.
Fishing has long traditions in the area, and although the motivation for most fishing today is recreational, it was a necessity for the people in the local villages. Vamråk was one of the finest spots for salmon fishing in the county, and the salmon provided an important extra income.
Today the area offers great fishing for keen fishermen, and one can go fishing in the fjords, rivers and lakes. Sognefjorden has variety of fish: cod, trout, mackerel, halibut, salmon, catfish, ling, herring and many others. There is always fish to catch, but what one ends up catching varies with regard to the time of year, fishing gear, location and naturally one’s luck.
You are more than welcome to rent a boat from us, and this naturally expands the possibilities with regard to fishing. Please indicate if you request a boat when you contact us.
About the property:
- 4 bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms
- Internet (wireless broadband)
- Children welcome
- Elderly suitable
- Not suitable for wheelchairs
- Ask if pets are allowed
- Long term rentals
- No smoking
Local area info:
This property sleeps a maximum of 8 people
- Double bedroom (1st Floor): 2 x Single — In all rooms two separate beds that can be rearranged for double beds.
- Double bedroom (2nd floor a): 2 x Single — In all rooms two separate beds that can be rearranged for double beds.
- Double bedroom (2nd floor b): 2 x Single — In all rooms two separate beds that can be rearranged for double beds.
- Master bedroom (2nd floor c): Double — Two single beds that can be separated if needed.
- Full bathroom (separate) (Main (1st floor)) : Toilet, Shower cabinet
- Small bathroom (separate) (Secondary (2nd floor)) : Toilet, Shower cabinet — Small shower, not cabinet.
- Kitchen, Dining room, Living room
Sports and leisure
Terrace (uncovered), Forest / woods , Mooring (marina)
Internet (wireless broadband)
Coffee machine (drip style), Microwave oven, Fridge, Toaster, Dish-washer, Freezer, Kitchen utensils, Electric oven
Availability and Rates
This property can be rented according to the rules and prices in the rate card below. Special offers in addition to the normal rates may be listed separately.
The prices listed below are per property for the time period chosen. Prices have been set by the owner in NOK and converted to for your convenience.
- Balance / full payment - 100% of total booking value - due 7 days before arrival
- Breakage deposit - $171 in cash upon arrival